For 1 week, ending July 30, 2010 purchase the Mini Jel-Ring Mold Set for $11.99, a $31 retail value! It features one 2-1/2 cup mold and four 1/2 cup molds. They are so cute, you have to have them at this price!
The Jel-Ring Mold includes 3 pieces: fluted ring mold, fluted inner seal and Classic Round large seal.
- When filled, the sealed mold can be transported to the fridge without spills
- Capacity is 6 cups (1.4 liters) with 9-1/2" diameter
- Each piece of the Jel-Ring Mold is dishwasher safe
- Apply inner seal to ring mold. Make sure that it is completely sealed around the mold edge to avoid leaking.
- A very light coating/spray of vegetable oil may be used on the inside of the ring mold if desired.
- Prepare recipe and fill inverted mold.
- Apply large seal and refrigerate mold, still inverted large seal up), until gelatin mixture is firm.
- Remove from refrigerator and let mold stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Immerse sealed mold in warm water for 20-30 seconds, taking care not to melt gelatin. If mold has been pre-sprayed with oil, it may not be necessary to immerse in warm water.
- Remove sealed mold from water, invert mold (large seal up) then peel off large seal. Place chilled serving plate over mold and invert onto plate
- Slowly peel off inner seal in a circle and carefully pull upwards.
- Lift off ring mold slowly.
- Gelatin-based desserts turn out beautifully piled high in center with fresh berries, peeled orange slices, sliced kiwi or pineapple, and sugared grapes.
- Shape chicken, shrimp, potato or pasta salads as a ring. Fill center with cherry tomatoes, crisp carrots, raisins and celery sticks.
- Hot, cooked rice can be shaped by the Jel-Ring Mold, and the center filled with creamed chipped beef, curried chicken or sauteed shrimp.
- Fill ring mold with juice or punch, seal then freeze. Allow room for liquid expansion in freezer. When frozen, run under warm water for 10 seconds and gently unmold into your punch bowl. This ice ring won't dilute your punch!
- For multi-layered desserts, just refrigerate layer by layer in inverted ring mold, starting at the bottom and working your way up to the rim of the ring mold. Make sure that each refrigerated layer is firm enough before pouring next layer.
- Shape meat loaf mixture in the Jel-Ring Mold, remove ring mold by inverting onto a shallow 10" Square baking pan and bake. Just before serving, fill center with sauteed mushrooms.
- When filling with liquids, keep in mind that capacity is to 1/4" below rim of ring mold.
- When filling with solids, you can pile 1/4" above rim to later compress with the large seal.
- For the perfect molded salad, decrease water by 1/2 cup per 6 oz. package. This will keep the gelatin firm and the fluted design more prominent. When adding fruits or vegetables, decrease the amount of liquid added by 1/4 cup for each 3 oz. box, or single envelope of gelatin.
- Before adding other ingredients, chill gelatin until thickened, not set. If gelatin isn't thick enough, ingredients may float or sink.
- Do not add fresh or frozen pineapple as an ingredient, only as a topping/garnishing. An enzyme in fresh pineapple keeps gelatin from setting. Cooked or canned pineapple is fine to use.
- Gelatin should be completely firm before unmolding. It should not feel sticky on top, nor sag towards the sid if the ring mold is tilted.
- Unmold gelatin on a chilled plate to show down melting.
- If serving plate is moistened before unmolding, the moist surface lets you slide gelatin to the center if is has unmolded slightly off-center.