Chef Stuart’s Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
When it comes to cookies—and let’s face it, we all love our cookies, it’s hard to find healthy ones out there—but this is my best solution for healthy cookies. Oatmeal takes me back home and incorporating it into cookies is a great way to get fiber into your diet. If you’re on the go, grab a cookie on your way to work or put one in your kid’s lunch box. These are also great for freezing in Freezer Mates® Containers for later!
Makes approximately 24 cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. Simple Indulgence™ Cinnamon-Vanilla Seasoning Blend
½ cup pecans, chopped
1-1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1. Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
2. In your Thatsa® Bowl using a Saucy Silicone Spatula, cream butter, white and brown sugars together.
3. Beat in egg.
4. Now combine flour, baking soda, salt, and Simple Indulgence™ Cinnamon-Vanilla Seasoning Blend until well mixed.
5. Fold in pecans and the oats until well mixed.
6. Using a tablespoon from your Measuring Spoons Set, portion out cookie dough, roll into a ball, place onto greased baking sheet and gently press down with thumb.
7. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until a light golden brown.
8. Remove from baking sheet and let cool on a rack.
9. Place cookies in the festive Holiday Snack Canister or a Modular Mates® container to preserve freshness, or put in a Freezer Mates® Large 2 and freeze for later.