Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen! Start Your Ovens... its baking season!

Recently a customer asked me to track down a Tupperware Silicone Fluted Baking Pan that she needed for a simple cake recipe a friend had given her. The process reminded me that I should dust my silcone bakeware off and do some baking too. I baked these muffins and shared one with a neighbour who asked me to post the recipe.

Greta's Blueberry Muffins

I was lucky enough to get to know Greta, the woman who was head of food services at an exclusive, private club in Vancouver. Just before she retired, she was kind enough to share her recipe for the best blueberry muffins I have ever eaten.
I guess it pays to rave about someone's cooking!
This recipe makes 24 large muffins that freeze beautifully. They are great to have on hand for breakfast or make them into mini's for snacks after school.


Pictured are my freshly baked muffins, baked in the Tupperware Silicone Muffin Pans. These muffin pans make great muffins and are easy to clean - things that are important to me when I bake.

Greta's Blueberry Muffins

5 cups flour
2 cups wheat germ
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 Tbsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

3 eggs
1 liter buttermilk
1/2 cup oil

3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

In large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. In separate bowl, whisk eggs; add buttermilk and oil. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix lightly just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Scoop into Tupperware Silicone Muffin Pans or lightly oiled or paper lined muffin tins.

Bake in 375 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.

Thanks Greta! Now we can all enjoy these muffins!

No comments: